Summary Care Record
This is ‘your’ Emergency Care Record
From the time of your registration we allow you 12 weeks to decide on whether you want a Summary Care Record or not. If we do not hear from you, we will take this as ‘Implied Consent’ to having a Summary Care Record (Medications/Allergies/Adverse Reactions only). When you are fully aware of what the Summary Care Record is and feel able to make a decision please advise the surgery.
For further information (see below)
PLEASE NOTE: It is possible for you to have a Summary Care Record + Additional Information (Medication(s) and reason prescribed / Significant problems - past + present /Significant procedure past + present / Anticipatory Care Information / End of Life Care Information / Immunisations. We will need your express consent for this (see below).
If you want further information before making a decision please contact any of the following:-
For further information on Summary Care Record (+ Additional Information) please:
- Visit the websites:
- Telephone 0300 303 5678
- Pick up a patient information leaflet from main reception.
If you wish to advise us now, please let us know
- I want to have a summary care record
- I want to have a summary care record (+additional information)
- I do not want to have a summary care record (if this is the case, please complete the
‘Opt Out’ Form (available below)
- I wish to make further enquiries about it and will let the surgery know within the 12 week
time scale (from the date of registration at the surgery)